Monday, August 18, 2008

I love the airport early in the morning, even before the stores are open. It reminds me why I love to fly. It reminds me that on a whim I could purchase a ticket and end up in Bhutan or Bali or Morroco...
I am going to Northern most Maine today.
It is only an hour or so from Canada, only 5 from Quebec (where I have wanted to go forever since my great-grandmother Ayette was from there).
Anyhow, I won't get to go to Canada this time since it is just a short 4 days of work, but I do plan to run on the rocky coast (I am staying only 10 minutes from the ocean) and eat a fabulous lobster dinner.
I love new places, even if they aren't the places of my dreams.
I love societies that are so different then my own.
I promist to post pictures later this week of the majestic cliffs and lighthouses. :)

4 comments:

Diana said...

jen, post more. I would love to keep up with your life! I hope you are feeling better. I saw on FB that you are sick. Have fun at LU!

Diana said...

jen, post more. I would love to keep up with your life! I hope you are feeling better. I saw on FB that you are sick. Have fun at LU!

Strategicus said...

very nice blog

Unknown said...

Are going to post anything new anytime soon?