Sunday, April 13, 2008


I haven't posted since my last 'pity party'. The funny thing for me about 'blogging' or when I was younger and used to journal is that I only feel truly motivated to do it when I feel down or need to get thoughts or feelings out. BUT for the sake of self-preservation (and not wanting to feel too emotionally exposed over the world wide web), I am going to have to find other things to blog about, since well I don't have kids.

My friend Kat came into town last night from Georgia. Since that last post, I ended up in the hospital, and then spent most of Feb. and March recovering. So needless to say I haven't gone out too much in the last few months. So last night Kat and I went into NYC. We had such a blast.

In the West Village on Bedford Street is one of my favorite resturants, called Moustache (Sarah did I take you here?)....ok admittedly not the best name for a resturant, but honestly it is the type of resturant that makes NYC what it is. It is a really small, authentic (or as far as I know :)) Middle Eastern restarant that blasts turkishmusic and has excellent food.

Not to mention that the West Village is just the coolest place in NYC. It is like stepping back into history with it's cobblestone streets and the brownstone town homes the same as they were a 100 year ago. I love it...
After that we walked around Greenwich Village for hours, wandering into random stores and just appreciating the sights, smells (including some second hand pot smoke at one point) and sounds that make up New York City on a saturday night. Including a famous person sighting,
Judah Friedlander of 30 Rock was just standing on the side of road talking to some guys outside of a comedy club off Bleeker Street. I would have walked up and talked to him, but I am never cool talking to famous people in general, never mind when they are on my favorite tv show ;).
Maybe next time?


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yes, we did go to Moustache. That was such a fun day...I'd love to do it again now that I'm not 7 mos preggers. You up for a visit?