Friday, April 03, 2009

airport again

It seems like being in the airport is the best most undistracted (ironically) place for me to write.
3 weeks ago I got back from Argentina and I loved being so far away from normalcy that I could just think..
I loved not having a TV or bills to pay or something to look up on the internet, or a phone call to return.
My mind gets so cluttered during everyday life that I often loose the ability to think clearly or creatively. I am constantly searching for words of how to express myself in just day to day things when I get like this.
I know women get 'mommy brain'....but what happens when you get it and you don't have kids?
Does it get worse when you have kids (my poor kids!)?

Anyhow I am in Memphis now. It was such a cool trip. I was here by myself for work.
Sometimes I chicken out when going to touristy places alone, but for some reason there was nothing holding me back. I loved Memphis!!!
In downtown there is a hotel called the Peabody that has a magnificent rooftop deck that overlooks the whole city, including the Missippi that runs along it.
They have ducks that live on this rooftop in what is called the "Duck Palace".
They are actually performing ducks. Sadly I never got to see one of their performances, but apparently they march down a red carpet to the fountain in the beautiful lobby and do a little dance.
I kid you not...lol Memphis is crazy!
Then I went on to Beale street where all the blues clubs are, including BB Kings (no NYC is not the original! ;) .
It was a great time of just wandering and people watching. It was a beautiful evening. There was a fabulous blues band in the park. The lead singer serenaded me. It was all just really great.
Then I went shopping, got trinkets and added to my refridgerator magnet collection.
I love Memphis. I cannot wait to come back....

No comments: