Thursday, February 07, 2008

Tonight I had dinner with some old friends...lovely conversation, a cute little bistro type restuarant and the best chocolate hazlenut torte...
I have been a little low, with energy and enthusiam this week. I tend to get the 'hotel room' blues when I have been home and then come back out on the road. I eventually adjust but it takes some getting used to. I find myself forgetting that it can be the small details in life that make it fun. I get tierd and just want to eat lunch at work and then I often after a long day just want to eat dinner in my room.
I forget how important it is, as a woman, and as a human being to have beauty in my life.
How the litte things really add up. Like enjoying a nice dinner out or listening to nice music. Or especially having a mid-week dinner with old friends.
So I guess what I am really saying is that choclate really does do the trick... :)

On a separate note, I am sure most of you have heard by now about all the cosmetic products that have been ruled as dangerous to children. Ingredients in powders and baby lotions! It is just appalling to me, but a fact that I found out tonight is even more appalling. The FDA does not require that any tests be done before a new ingredient is entered to the market.
So something can burn our faces off, but only when concerned citizens start screaming (and suing) will anything get done about it...
I found these two sites if you want to check them out...http://www.safecosmetics.org/
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/
Pass them around!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

We are shaklee users around here. Anytime I have switched to another baby product my kids get rashes.

Is Neutrogena makeup safe...I use that...although I am one of those that doesn't wear makeup everyday. HEE HEE. And shampoo I use Pureology. Love that stuff. What is the ingredient of concern?? I have heard on the safer cosmetics site that they have to belong to it so some that are safe are not listed on there.